Shirley Ballas reveals new Strictly series will see five new dancers join the show
Exciting!Strictly judge Shirley Ballas has revealed that five new professional dancers will be joining the show this year.
The news comes after five pro dancers, including Gorka Marquez and Karen Hauer, were axed from the show.

Strictly star Shirley Ballas reveals five new dancers will join the show
Speaking to The Sun this week, Shirley has revealed that the axed Strictly dancers will be replaced this year.
Gorka, Karen, Luba Mushtuk, Nadiya Bychkova, and Michelle Tsiakkas were all axed earlier this year, paving the way for some new dancers to join the show.
Shirley has confirmed as much, revealing that there will be five new dancers joining the show later this year.
“I think everybody is going to enjoy the new series. We got five new professionals coming in, some fantastic dancers. All in all, it’s having tweaks left, right and centre and it’s getting a new face!” she said.
TV Guide has contacted the BBC for comment.

Shirley praises new hosts
Yesterday (May 19), it was announced that Emma Willis, Johannes Radebe, and Josh Widdicombe will be the new hosts of the show.
Don't miss a single story! Add us as a Preferred Source in Google for all your television news
Reacting to the news in her chat with The Sun, Shirley said: “I met Josh for the first time this week, he’s a charming chap. Emma, of course, I did Cooking With The Stars with – that’s a seasoned presenter and just a gorgeous lady,” she said.
“And who doesn’t love some Johannes? We all love him. It’s going to be interesting because we thought we were getting two but we ended up with three. But the chemistry between Emma and Josh, I’m told, is off the charts. So let’s see,” she then added.

New hosts gush over joining Strictly
In statements, the new hosts gushed over joining the show.
“It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of Strictly. I’ve cheered and danced along from my sofa for years. So to be stepping into the Strictly ballroom is something I can’t quite comprehend,” Emma said. “It’s impossible to fill the shoes that Tess and Claudia have left behind – two wonderful, iconic women who have been the beating heart of Strictly for so long. I can only hope that we are able to help to steer the ship as beautifully as they have, into this new chapter. I can’t wait to spend my weekends with Josh and Jojo, the incredible dancers and the judges. Fingers crossed for a 10 from them!”
Johannes, meanwhile, said that returning to Strictly in this new role is “beyond anything I ever imagined”. He added that he is “deeply honoured to now help carry that magic forward”.
Josh added that he is “giddy with excitement, honoured and a little overawed to be given the chance to step into the biggest shoes in television”.
Strictly returns to BBC One and BBC iPlayer later this year.