MAFS UK stars 'raped' by on-screen husbands told by Channel 4 boss she is 'deeply sorry' in wake of Panorama documentary

She describes the allegations as 'troubling'
Natasha Rigler

MAFS UK brides who told Panorama they were ‘raped’ and ‘sexually violated’ by their show husbands have received an apology from the boss of Channel 4.

Pryia Dogra, the broadcaster’s chief executive, said at a press briefing today that she is “deeply sorry”.

It comes after the three women spoke to the BBC documentary about their Married At First Sight UK experiences.

Channel 4 boss Pryia Dogra says she is ‘deeply sorry’ to MAFS UK stars featured in Panorama (Credit: YouTube/ Royal Television Society)

Two of the ladies, whose identities were hidden, alleged they were ‘raped’ while taking part in the show.

Their grooms, who have also not been named, have denied the claims.

Shona Manderson, who took part in MAFS UK in 2023, also said in the damning programme that she was the victim of ‘sexual misconduct’.

Again, her on-screen husband, Bradley Skelly, has rebuffed her allegation.

Channel 4 bosses says ‘sorry’ to MAFS UK ‘rape’ victims

Ms Dogra told a press conference today that she had seen the Panorama documentary. It aired on BBC One on Monday night (May 18, 2026).

Don't miss a single story! Add us as a Preferred Source in Google for all your television news

It's important to us that you never miss our articles when searching for stories! We have all the latest TV news & schedules to share with our community of loyal readers. Click here and tick TVGuide.co.uk to ensure you see stories from us first in Google Search.

Apologising to the brides involved, she said: “I have watched the programme and heard the women’s accounts, which are very troubling.

“Their distress is clear, and for that, I am of course deeply sorry.”

Ms Dogra was speaking alongside senior figures at Channel 4 at an event held for the broadcaster’s annual report.

Ian Katz, Channel 4’s chief content officer, insists staff made the “right decisions” when the woman raised concerns during filming.

He said: “I would just say I was obviously here and making decisions relating to some of the issues that you raised in the Panorama and I am very confident that based on the knowledge that we had at the time that we made the right decisions – that we ensured that women involved were kept safe when any issues were raised to us, that we gave them the appropriate support and that we took the right decisions through the production process and beyond that.”

A bride and groom in an image from The Dark Side of Married at First Sight
Panorama exposed allegations of ‘rape’ and ‘sexual misconduct’ on Married At First Sight (Credit: BBC)

Mr Katz did, however, add that it is “right to take a second look” at the allegations raised in Panorama. He said the broadcaster can then judge whether they “got it right at the time”, or whether more can be done in the future.

MAFS UK 2026 ‘not axed’

Yesterday, it was claimed MAFS 2026 has been canned following the fallout from Panorama: The Dark Side of Married At First Sight. Filming for the upcoming series, due to air in September, wrapped last month.

However, a Channel 4 spokesperson insisted to TVGuide that no decision has been made.

An external investigation into the welfare procedures on the show is currently being carried out. Once the findings are released, its future will be decided, the spokesperson said.

Pryia Dogra doubled down on this today. She called reports claiming MAFS UK 2026 had been cancelled “wholly inaccurate”.

Read more: MAFS USA’s Derrek urged by male friends to ‘let the hands roam’ on new wife Meghann